Quantum Africa (QA) Conference Series
Kigali, Rwanda And ONLINE
Date: 12-16 September 2022
The main goal of the Quantum Africa conferences is to promote research collaboration between African researchers and their counterparts in the rest of the world and at the same time build and increase human capacity and scientific awareness in quantum phenomena among scientists in Africa. Thus, the conference is open to researchers in Africa and researchers from all over the world. Read more
Focus topics for QA6
• Quantum control
• Quantum computing
• Quantum thermodynamics
• Quantum communication
• Quantum optics
• Quantum materials (sensing)
• Materials and phenomena in condensed-matter physics for quantum computing
• QA6 will be hybrid with participants joining in person in Kigali and online. Also unique to QA6 is that pedagogical presentations as well as a large number of talks from industry practitioners in quantum phenomena and, particularly, quantum computing will be a significant part of the conference.
• QA6 will feature cutting edge research talks from invited speakers. There will also be contributed talks and poster sessions (both online and in-person).
• Monday 12th to Friday 16th of September 2022 (Five days)
• Sessions will be 9 am to 5 pm each day, except on the final day when we end at lunch time. Wednesday will also be a half day as we leave the afternoon free for sightseeing and hold a banquet in the evening.
• Postgraduate students, postdocs, and early career researchers are particularly encouraged to participate and will have opportunities to present their work in posters.
The program will be preceded by: the African School on Quantum Simulation and Quantum Information Science (ASQSQIS)
* July – August 31, 2022: Call for abstracts (invited talks and posters)
* July – August 31, 2022: Booking of hotel accommodation (preferably as early as possible)
* August 15, 2022: Early Bird Registration
* August 31, 2022: Regular Registration
* September 2022: Late Registration
* September 2022: Conference